Reading resolutions for 2023

I don’t really have these but feel like I need to set some for myself this year, not in turns of numbers but what I read and where I get it from. So here they are:

1. Continue to get as many books as possible from the library. I had this resolution in 2022 and it has saved me a fortune and I haven’t had to create space on my bookshelves. I do have to pay £1 for each book I reserve as we only have a small library but I am happy to give them the money. Now that I have Libby for ebooks and BorrowBox for audio books, I can find most of the fiction books I want. it is a bit more hit and miss with non-fiction.
  2. To read the books that are listed more than once on the best books of the year post.
  3. Choose one of the ‘best books lists’ to read completely

The following books have been mentioned more than once in the best books of the year posts – 16 lists collected.

Mentioned 5+ timesMentioned 4 timesMentioned 3 times
I’m Glad my Mom Died by Jennette McCurdyOur Missing Hearts by Celeste NgCarrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Tomorrow, and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle ZevinLessons in Chemistry by Bonnie GarmusThe Exhibitionist by Charlotte Mendelson
Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver (8)Shrines of Gaiety by Kate AtkinsonThe Book of Goose by Yiyun Li
Trust by Hernan Diaz (8)Liberation Day by George SaundersNight Crawling by Leyla Motley
Fairy Tale by Stephen KingThe School for Good Mothers by Jessamine ChanThe Extraordinary Life of an Ordinary Man by Paul Newman (NF)
Young Mungo by Douglas StuartDucks by Kate Beaton (Graphic Novel)The Candy House by Jennifer Egan
Stay True by Hua Hsu (NF)Time is a Mother by Ocean VuongFen, Bog and Swamp by Annie Proulx
Sea of Tranquility by Emily St John MandelHow Far the Light Reaches by Sabrina Imbler (NF)Trespasses by Kennedy
Constructing a Nervous System by Margo Jefferson (NF)Either/Or by Elif Batuman
An Immense World by Ed Yong(NF)Glory by NoViolet Bulawayo
Less is Lost by Andrew Sean Greer
Mentioned 2 timesMentioned 2 timesMentioned 2 times
South to America by Imani PerryQueen High by C J CareyLandlines by Raynor Winn
A Heart Full of Headstones by Ian RankinBournville by Jonathan CoeAct of Oblivion by Robert Harris
Sorrow and Bliss by Meg MasonThe Whalebone Theatre by Joanna QuinnLessons by Ian McEwan
Song of the Cell by Siddhartha Mukherjee (NF)Bless the daughter who was raised by the voice in her own head by Warsan ShireEverything I need I Get From You by Kaitlyn Tiffany
Honey and Spice by Bolu BabalolaWho will make the Pancakes by Megan Kelso (GN)All This Could be Different by Sarah Thankam Mathews
Days of Sand by Aimee Jongh (GN)The Night Eaters by Liu and Takeda (GN)Fantastic Four Full Circle (GN)
In the Margins by Elena Ferante (NF)brother.do.you.love.me byThe Story of Art without Men by Katy Hessel (NF)
To Paradise by Hanya YanagiharaThe Furrows by Namwali Serpell

Non-Fiction

Do you have any goals for reading in 2023?